English Country Dance and Ballroom Lessons:
The information on this page pertains to July 2020.
Day: Friday, July 10th, 2020.
Time: 5:00pm - 9:30pm. First 1.5 hours are ballroom lessons and the last 3 are English Country dance
Location: Messiah Lutheran Church
Address: 1308 Whitley Rd, Keller, TX 76248
- The church requires us to wear a mask upon entry and exit. Please bring your own.
- As far as dancing with masks, I haven't fully decided. I don't see it as being real helpful, but I have to consider what the legal issues are. Please try to be flexible; I just want
us to have as much safe fun as possible.
- No water jug. Everyone bring water bottles, please.
- We will probably have a thermometer to check temperatures as you enter. If it shows you with a fever, you will not be allowed in.
- If you are sick, feel sick, or have been in close contact in the last week to someone who's definitely tested positive, please help us all and stay at home.
- $5 per person, $15 max per family.
- How to get in free:
- First time: If this is your first time
- Bring a first-time friend: If you are a regular and you bring a friend who comes for the first time.
- Social media: If you are a regular and can show me that you posted some pictures to Instagram or Facebook this month and mentioned the lessons (especially location and time). You may
copy some pics from the ball or dance lessons that I’ve posted and tell your friends we do dances like this, or you may contribute your own pics/videos. Or, you may share my facebook
invitation. But, in any case, do the upload/share to the social media, bring your phone, and show us at the door what you posted. If we think it’s appropriate, we’ll waive the $5 entry
fee even for regular attendees.
- Email list: If you forward this email to your homeschool group email list. Please note that this will not count as free if I already post on that list, or if someone else has already
forwarded. But if you forward this email AND CC ME SO I SEE THE FORWARDING, then you will get in free.
- Whole family: preteens, teenagers, 20-somethings, dads, moms, etc.
- Open to homeschoolers and non-homeschoolers
We ask that pre-teens and younger dance with their own ages or with parents. Parents mostly dance with your own kids or with other parents (if you plan to dance at all). The teens and
older students will then be able to dance with those closest to their age.
- Girls: Dresses/skirts preferred (not required). Not formal (so no off-shoulder, spaghetti straps, etc), just nice & comfortable.
- Boys: Nice shirts, slacks preferred (not required). Not formal, just nice & comfortable.
- Both: Jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses must come down to just above the knee, at least. They may be longer, but not shorter. No gym shorts, tank-tops, torn jeans, etc.