Why take this class?
1. An introduction to the concept of a world view
2. Practice in writing papers
3. A chance to read some very interesting and fun books, such as the
Chronicles of Narnia, Frankenstein, Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Mere Christianity, and others.
4. The training to discern the world view found in movies such as It’s a Wonderful Life, and the Wizard of Oz.
5. Practice in the discipline of time budgeting and filling out a syllabus
6. A good grounding in Scripture, and much more.
If you are considering placing your student in the World View Studies class next year, this would be a good introduction to prepare him/her for the class. It is not required, but can be helpful.
What is an appropriate age/grade to start a student in this class?
Generally, you would want to place your child in this class one year before taking the World View Studies class. Thus, the normal ages for this class are 13 - 14, with 12 being possible for exceptional and mature students.